The property where the Coldspring Community Center is located was donated in the 1950's to the citizens of Coldspring, Texas. The city, county, state or federal entities do not have any role in supporting or managing this facility. Several of the local civic organizations worked together to fund and build this local meeting place in 1955. All of the maintenance on the building has been and continues to be donated by caring citizens, volunteers and local businesses.
The Community Center is managed by a Board of Directors which consists of representatives from each of the non-profit organizations who use the center on a regular basis. These include, but are not limited to the Coldspring Garden Club, The Women's League, Coldspring Public Library, SJC Republican Party, SJC Master Gardeners, SJC Democrats, Coldspring/San Jacinto County Chamber of Commerce, Coldspring Area Art League, SJC Agri Life, Coldspring Area Business Merchants Association and others.
The Center is a 501c(3) - non profit association that is also tax exempt. Our mission is to provide a place for everyone (families, businesses, local and national organizations) to have an affordable place to meet. Our goal is not to make money but provide affordable accommodations for everyone.